There are a few things that kids and adults can agree on, and one of those is their love for the “Peanuts.” Part of the reason the “Peanuts” cast has stood the test of time is because the themes of their stories are easy enough for children to understand, but nuanced enough for adults to appreciate. The all-ages appeal of the classic cartoon makes it the perfect theme for your holiday party.
Whether you’re hosting your friends, other families or your children’s friends, here are some tips for throwing a Peanuts party.
- Costumes are a must. The beauty of Peanuts costumes is their simplicity. It’s not difficult to craft Charlie Brown’s signature zigzag sweater and any Linus costume can be easily completed with any old blanket. But there’s also the option to get more detailed and costume stores are sure to carry your favorite Peanuts costumes if you’d rather not have to do the work yourself.
- Set the mood. No “Peanuts” party would be complete without the classic Vince Guaraldi Trio soundtrack playing in the background. “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” is a logical choice to have playing this time of year, but any “Peanuts” movie would work.
- Themed games. Gather some pine branches and have guests decorate their own versions of Charlie Brown’s humble tree. Pin the tail on the Snoopy is another game that’s sure to be a hit with all ages.
- Sing a few carols. You can’t go without a rendition “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing,” if you’re going to have a “Peanuts” holiday party.
- Peanuts are an obvious snack choice for this party, but let the characters be your inspiration for the food. You could offer lemonade to commemorate Lucy’s lemonade stand or make some puppy chow as an ode to Snoopy. You could also ask guests to bring a snacked themed for their characters.