Information on Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Frankenstein is one of the most famous movie monsters of all time. Over two centuries since the book was first published nearly every costume store in the world carries some costume version of this figure. The following resources cover all areas of Frankenstein, from the book to the most recent film adaptation.
- Literature : full text of Frankenstein arranged into chapters.
- Frankenstein or the Modern Prometheus : full text of the book, with a search feature to look for particular words or phrase.
- Frankenstein : text of the book divided into four letters at the beginning and then individual chapters.
- Spark Notes : lists the full book along with themes, motifs and study guides about the book.
- The Literature Network : search-able text version of Frankenstein.
- William Goodwin : biography of his life along with information on his more famous writings and works.
- The History Guide : focuses on the life of Wollstonecraft and her works.
- Philosophy Pages : longer biography about the life and times of Shelley's mother.
- Wollstonecraft Time Line : provides information on her life in an easy to use timeline format.
- Poetry Archive : contains several poems written by Shelley's husband.
- The Complete Poetical Works : gives access to all of the poems he created that were recorded and saved.
- The Devil's Walk : contains the full text of his more famous work.
- Letters From Italy : full text archive of letters Shelley wrote while traveling that were later edited by his wife.
Romantic Literature and Cultural Contexts
- Introduction to Romanticism : explains the basic ideas and concepts used in romantic literature.
- Romanticism : focuses on the style and theme of these works and how they were influenced by culture.
- On American Romanticism : gives several definitions of this writing style, with examples in an encyclopedia format.
- What was the Romantic Movement in Literature? : details how this era came about and why it did.
- The Romantic Period : covers different topics and ideas used by romantic writers.
Kenneth Branagh's Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
- Frankenstein (1994) : provides details on the cast, crew, filming locations, quotes and much more.
- Mary Shelley's Frankenstein : offers a review of the film and an average rating based on user generated reviews.
- Frankenstein : gives cast and crew details, with information on the major cast members.
- Mary Shelley's Frankenstein Review : review of the film written while it was still playing in theaters.
- Rotten Tomatoes : reviews the movie and also gives it a standard rating based on what others said.
- Frankenstein Still Photos : shows images of Boris Karloff as Frankenstein.
- Celebrity Wonder : gives images from the Frankenstein movie.
- Frankenstein Stock Images : shows numerous images of Frankenstein in different forms.
- The Frankenstein Monster : gives classic images of the monster and images from different screen versions.
Frankenstein is far from forgotten and many college students are still required to read the book. While the book and movie are both interesting, so too are the lives of those people involved with the original author. Their stories are just as important as the classic novel.