While it takes a bit of coordination to pull off a group costume, it may actually be a bit easier to come up with a good idea for a group than it is to come up with one for just yourself. And when you’re all working together, it’ll be even more entertaining for onlookers, as they’ll be able to easily identify the concept you’re going for.
If you need help, here are a few ideas to get your started:
- Join a mob. Movies, shows or stories that feature distinct, but similar-looking characters are a great source of inspiration for group costumes. Form your own zombie mob, ape planet, Na’vi nation or Smurf village and you’re sure to be the life of the party.
- Silver screen stars. Do you and your friends love a particular movie or TV show? If so, Halloween’s a good excuse to live vicariously through your favorite characters.
- Are you game? Some of the most recognizable games from your childhood also make for great costumes. Line yourselves up like dominoes or bowling pins, or fit together like Tetris pieces. Or race around the party as the car or thimble from Monopoly.
- Travel in a pack. Think of things that come in packs, like crayons or playing cards for inspiration. There’s plenty of room for cleverness and creativity on this one.
- Form a band. Who doesn’t want to be a rock star? Either choose your favorite rockers and form a super group or dress up as your favorite band.