Trick-or-treating for Halloween candy ranks up there as a favorite holiday tradition with with kids. It rates a close second behind getting Christmas presents and just above the receiving of Easter Baskets.
However, not every doorbell you ring results in hitting the jackpot. We have polled our employees and friends to come up with the five best and 5 worst Halloween treats.
Best Halloween Treats
- Full size candy bars of any variety. At Halloween, bigger is definitely better.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Worst Halloween Treats
- Pennies. They are just useless. They don’t even make gumball machines that accept them anymore.
- Apples. In my home, this qualified as instant garbage. Remember the urban legends of razor blades and needle shoved inside them?
- Homemade popcorn balls or homemade anything for that matter. Is it from a well meaning stranger or a deranged maniac? And who knows how clean their kitchen is.
- Mini Boxes of Raisins. They only value they have is if you get enough of them to make oatmeal raisin cookies.
- Lollipops – those crummy lollis like the ones you get at the bank or the doctors office.
Other favorites includes chewy candies like Starburst and Skittles and chocolatey treats like 3 Musketeers and Milky Way bars. The biggest debate is where to rank Candy Corn on the list. It appears that people either love them or hate them. I personally would rather risk eating the dreaded poison apple than to eat a single candy corn.
Let us know your all-time favorite Halloween treats as well as which ones are so bad you can’t even trade them away.